Took a small hike through Kaweah Oaks Preserve in celebration of Earth Day. Got there near closing time, so next time should be filled with more great discoveries and natural gems :)
"One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." -William Shakespeare
In order to keep existing, we must recognize that we’re not the only ones who exist. Our lives depend on the balance and interconnections that dwell within the natural world around us. Every little thing we do matters, every little thing we don’t do matters. We are all kindred spirits.
HAPPY EARTH DAY!
[photoset: Ando Hiroshige]
Express your unpopular opinions:
1. A selection of television programs you do not care for:
-Supernatural, BBC Sherlock (except 1st and 2nd season. I really enjoyed those.), Doctor Who.
To clarify though, I have my phases. I’ve watched and loved a lot of shows that I didn’t like some time beforehand.
2. A selection of musical artists you do not care for:
-Rihanna, Beyonce, Kesha, Taylor Swift, …I guess a lot of lady singers except for Katy Perry <3
3. A selection of celebrities you couldn’t care less about:
-Most of them. I care more about what they do (philanthropy and charity, volunteering, etc.), and what they contribute to society other than being “superstars”.
4. A hobby you “don’t get”:
-Can’t think of anything. I mean, it’s a hobby. Whatever floats your boat! :)
5. A habit you find disgusting:
-When people eat really bad food regularly. I’m not talking about a snack or a once-in-a-while Burger King meal; I’m talking about the daily consumption of food that just takes a crap on the body. I get grossed out because all I could think about is the consequences.
6. Something in school you really liked doing that everyone else complained about:
-Going to school ^__^
7. Your favorite household chore:
-Dusting and wiping tables. I love seeing something transform from dusty and dirty to sparkly clean in an instant.
8. Popular video games that make you go “meh”:
9. A sport you don’t like:
-All of them. Except figure skating.
10. A habit you have that other people bug you over.
3 flaws you want to admit to:
1. I consistently try to prove myself to other people even when there’s no need to.
2. I question everything. It’s not a flaw until it hinders me from doing what I have to do.
3. I have a lot of obsessive tendencies.
Hobbies you haven’t done in a while:
1. Wander- I used to take nice long walks and find nooks or corners in town I haven’t been to.
2. Take a lot of pictures of said nooks.
3. Oil painting.
Silly activities you love doing:
Singing in the car or just listening to music while I drive around not caring where to go.
This or That:
1. Private or open? –This depends on my mood so either/or.
2. Morning person or a night owl? –Definitely a night owl. A buzzfeed quiz solidified that fact.. not that I needed anything to prove that point but I did laugh the whole time I was taking it ^__^
3. Extroverted or an introvert? –Again, depends on my mood, though mostly introverted. I like people, but I get exhausted by them very easily.
4. Coffee or Tea? –Ha! I nearly typed “tea” which would have been a big lie.
5. Pants or dresses? -Pants. Can’t climb trees with dresses.
People who’ve had a lasting impact to you and your craft:
My great grandfather. He passed away last year at the age of 99. He’s influenced me to embrace the more serene aspects of life, to keep myself from wanting more but rather enjoy everything that I do have, and to keep doing what I love for the people I love. He was strong, both on the outside and inside. The best part of this is, we barely talked because I wasn’t fluent in the dialect he spoke. There’s so much you can learn from feeling and being completely aware of the other person, even without a spoken word.
A personal philosophy:
I’d rather fail multiple times than someday regret that I didn’t try enough.
"A Chinese proverb says an invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, despite the time, the place, despite the circumstances. The thread can be tightened or tangled, but never be broken."
[photo from an unknown source].